Amherstview Golf Club Policies and Procedures
Well thought out and implemented policies and procedures ensure:
- Good practice;
- Helps to establish a professional and effective organization;
- They provide consistency amongst staff, members and guests;
- They can prevent any ambiguity about how particular situations/issues should be handled in the service;
- They promote harmony among staff, members and guests;
- The help provide more efficient and effective delivery of service.
Our Dress Code is designed to maintain an atmosphere consistent with the tradition of golf. In the spirit of accomplishing this, members and guests are requested to wear appropriate attire at Amherstview Golf Club.
- Golf shorts are permitted.
- Golf skirts are permitted.
- Golf shirts with collars are preferred. Mock necks are acceptable. Ladies' sleeveless golf shirts are permitted, however tank tops are not.
- Denim shorts and bathing suits are strongly discouraged.
- Shoes: soft spikes or soft soled shoes permitted.
Corporate Membership Policy
- Full corporate, and half corporate memberships include the option to participate in all club events for membership owners only.
- If a tee time is unused on any given day, it can be donated, given to a friend, employee(s), etc.
- One membership owner must be designated to book all tee times.
- For more information on our Corporate Membership options, please contact us.
Driving Range Policies
- Driving range members are eligible for two large buckets of balls per day. These balls are not to be shared by non-range members.
- Buckets of balls are available for purchase by non range members.
- Any range balls left unused will be returned to the backshop immediately.
- Sharing of range balls by members will result in the loss of use of driving range membership without refund.
- The Club storage season (including cleaning) runs from Men's Opening Day to Men's Closing Day (end of April to end of September) each season.
- Only valid club storage patrons may leave their clubs on the premises.
- Golf Clubs left in club storage are not covered by Amherstview Golf Clubs insurance policy. Please ensure you have adequate coverage.
- Due care shall be taken for the safety of all players before any shot (on course or driving range) is attempted.
- A player shall not hit until the group in front of them is out of range
- So as to not impede speed of play, each player in the group shall be ready to play when it is his/her turn
- Keep up Pace. On a full course, groups playing through slow down the day’s pace even more. When a group has an open hole ahead of them, they should do everything in their power to close the gap.
- To expedite play: Around the green take your putter and any other club you think you might need to the green surrounds. Practice continuous putting whenever possible allowing others to hole short putts out rather than marking and waiting. Situate your clubs so they are on your way back to the cart. Do scorekeeping on the next tee.
- The bar will be open 7 days a week from 11:00am to at least 6:00pm (weather permitting)
- No beer, spirits or wine, other than those provided by the bar, shall be kept or consumed on the premises, and under no circumstances will removal of alcoholic beverages from the premises be permitted in accordance with the Liquor License Act of Ontario.
- Shall have absolute authority to enforce the rules and regulations of the Liquor License Board of Ontario.
- Shall not serve anyone under the legal drinking age, as defined in the Liquor License Board of Ontario’s regulations. The only acceptable proof of age is a valid drivers license or valid passport.
- Will refuse to serve anyone under the influence of alcohol or drugs who appear to be intoxicated or troublesome.
- Will record the events, to the best of their knowledge, of any disturbance in the Bartender’s Daily Log Book.
- Fighting or vandalism will not be tolerated. Customers who do either will be asked to leave the premises. If necessary, the O.P.P. will be called to provide assistance to the staff.
- Smoking is not permitted on the premises other than in designated smoking areas.
- No alcohol is permitted to be removed from the premises.
- No alcohol, other than that purchased under the liquor license is permitted to be brought in the premises.
- Intoxicated patrons and customers who start fights, damage property or bother other customers will be dealt with carefully and politely. They may be asked to leave the premises and if they resist, the O.P.P. will be called.
- Amherstview Golf Club members and patrons will be inclusive and welcoming.
For the enjoyment of our guests
- Non-alcoholic and low alcohol beverages are offered at competitive prices.
- Our staff will be happy to assist you in finding a safe ride home. Please ask the staff for assistance.
- All of our service staff are fully trained through Smart Serve Ontario and will intervene to keep our customers safe.
Pace of Play
Four hours and 14 minutes is the amount of time that should be taken to play Amherstview Golf Course.
Reminder - it is the players obligation to keep pace by doing the following:
- Keeping Pace;
- Keep up with the group in front;
- If you lose a hole, call the group behind through;
- Be ready to play your shot when it's your turn;
- Leave the green promptly.
How players can minimize round times:
- Be aware of your position with regard to the group in front and keep up with that group.
- If you feel that your group is losing ground, tell the other players in your group.
- If your group is behind, try to catch up.
- If you lose a clear hole and are delaying the group behind, or if there is no group in front of you, and you are delaying the group behind, invite the group behind to play through.
- Be ready to play your shot. While exercising due consideration for other players in your group, put your glove on, check your yardage, pick your club and line up your putt while others are playing.
- At the green, speed up your exit by positioning your bags on the way to the next tee.
- Move off the green as soon as all players in your group have holed out and mark score cards at or on the way to the next tee.
- Play a provisional ball if your ball may be lost outside a hazard or out of bounds.
- Be polite to other groups. All golfers hit some bad shots, so give them a few minutes to recover.
- Listen to the marshals. If you are asked to pick up the pace, please do so.
- Pace of play issues should be reported to the AGM - Operations.
Rain Check Policy
- Players are expected to continue play during rain and/or drizzle.
- All players requesting a rain check may be required to wait up to an hour after check-in to determine if course conditions will improve. A rain check may be issued only if the golf course AGM - Operations deems the course unplayable.
- When the unplayable decision has been made, players are required to report to the golf shop so their time can be registered.
- Rain checks are issued depending on the number of holes played: 1-4 holes the customer receives an 18-hole rain check; 4-13 holes the customer receives a 9 hole rain check; 14 or more holes do not qualify for a rain check.
- 18-hole rain checks are valued at the rate that you were charged prior to teeing off.
- 9-hole rain checks are valued at the twilight rate (off season vs. peak season).
- Any rain check can be applied towards greens fees of equal or greater value. There will be no cash refunds if rain check is used for lesser value.
- Rain checks are non-transferable and non-replaceable.
- Rain checks are only redeemable for greens fees and cart fees, and hold no cash value.
- Rain checks expire 30 days after date issued.
- Rain checks may only be redeemed one at a time.
A refund for all or part of the membership fee may be approved by the General Manager for extenuating circumstances such as, lengthy illness, moving etc. In each case a doctor's certificate, a moving notice or other legitimate document must be submitted to the General Manager. For refund purposes the year will be deemed to be a 25 week period - starting May 1. The refund (or credit for next years fees) granted shall be determined by (total membership paid, divided by 25 x number of weeks remaining in the season). This calculation will be made effective the date the request and documentation is received. Refunds will not be granted for green fee packages, range packages or cart packages. Unused rounds will not carry from year to year.
Merchandise purchased from the Pro shop will be refunded or exchanged within 30-days and only if accompanied by the original purchase receipt. Upon inspection if the merchandise appears worn, damaged in any way, a refund will not be granted.
Prizes won at Amherstview Golf Club that were purchased through our current Pro Shop stock will be exchanged only within 10-days of being awarded. Prizes will not be exchanged for credit.